With the vision of building a new category of company – a lifestyle brand born from gaming – 100 Thieves secured $35M of Series B funding in 2019 to open a one-of-a-kind headquarters in Los Angeles, CA: the 100 Thieves Cash App Compound. At 15,000 sq. ft., the compound’s grand opening in 2020 marked the launch of the biggest esports team facility in the US. The Cash App Compound houses facilities for esports training, apparel design & retail, entertainment production, and business headquarters, all under one roof.
• Design & build a multi-stage production studio and live streaming technology infrastructure that is both robust and user-friendly.
• Design & integrate a functional and aesthetically pleasing master control room in limited 50 sq. ft. technical space.
• Install media storage infrastructure for edit bays, production studios, and open office space.
COLLABORATION & STRATEGY
The creative teams of 100 Thieves and MIZZEN worked together to design a technology infrastructure to support both the esports gaming and lifestyle branding goals of 100 Thieves. The integration sets a new benchmark for a dream esports headquarters, including spaces for esports training, video game livestream broadcasting, content production, fashion design, and a retail storefront for the brand’s upcoming apparel drops.
The January 2020 grand opening of the 100 Thieves Cash App Compound was a smashing success. The compound includes:
• Multi-functional production studio with 12-foot 6K LED wall, (2) production stages, master control room, custom-made movable on-set furniture, and office space
• (4) Video game training rooms
• (5) Streaming labs
• (2) Post-production edit bays
• (3) Large conference rooms
• 70-seat bullpen area and private executive offices
• Lobby with retro video games
• Custom acoustical treatment in production spaces
• Facility-wide technology infrastructure capable of video routing & switching, audio mixing & editing, video editing, live-streaming, and color-grading
100 Thieves is currently recognized as one of the top 10 most valuable esports brands in the world and one of the fastest growing apparel brands globally. Competitively, the team has scored two Call of Duty major championships, qualified for the League of Legends world championships, and has secured Fortnite World Cup medals (winning over $2.7M) and Fortnite Championship Series wins. With its entertainment, 100 Thieves built the fastest growing YouTube channel in esports for 2018 and 2019, and launched the #1 and #2 podcasts on the iTunes gaming charts, led by The CouRage & Nadeshot Show. 100 Thieves also had the most nominees & wins of any team at the 2019 Esports Awards and received Team of the Year 2019 (Tempest Esports Awards).
Los Angeles, CA