1500 Or Nothin’ is an independent, multifaceted musical entertainment company dedicated to the production, promotion, and representation of artists, songwriters, musicians, and music videographers. Increasing popularity among world-famous artists spurned them to look at building a new multi-purpose recording, production, broadcast, live event and educational facility in 2015.
• Design and implement an acoustically robust building capable of sound-proof operations despite constant air traffic at nearby LAX airport.
• Integrate the world’s best vintage analog gear with and cutting-edge digital technologies to meet new and current demands of varying artists and digital media platforms.
• Offer the local community a platform for music education, appreciation, related technological training.
• Fully integrate live video-streaming services and TV-broadcasts with on-air radio broadcasts and recording sessions.
• Implement a media platform capable of supporting 24/7/365 on-air operations anywhere in the facility.
COLLABORATION & STRATEGY
MIZZEN collaborated with 1500 Or Nothin’ over 12 months to conceptualize, design, and engineer a 35,000 sq. ft. hybrid media & entertainment production facility in Inglewood, CA. The detailed design included technical system specifications, acoustical design requirements, and budgetary considerations needed create a facility that can produce, edit, and distribute a wide range of digital content in a 24/7/365 environment.
1500 or Nothin’s facility achieves an exceptional balance of acoustical / technical performance and clean, modern aesthetics that facilitate creativity, collaboration, and learning. The acoustical design implemented is capable of rejecting air traffic noise and internal facility noise in all production and class-room spaces. Highlights of the facility include:
• (3) recording studio control rooms with SSL 4000G and 9000J consoles
• (2) live rooms that can accommodate a large band (concert grand piano, drummer, guitarists, and three artist iso booths)
• Live outdoor venue space that allows for broadcast trucks to broadcast audio & video feeds direct to satellite and disseminate worldwide
• Dolby ATMOS and Dolby Vision Theater
• Film / TV production stage
• (10) Post production edit bays
• (6) Video game programming and editing bays
• (2) Sixty-person classrooms
• World-class radio studio
• Facility-wide Dante Audio routing infrastructure that supports any audio medium format (stereo, 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby ATMOS Home Entertainment & Cinema specifications)
• 100% IP Broadcast routing infrastructure with a 128×128 routing matrix
Artists that have recently collaborated with 1500 or Nothin’ include Jay-Z, Adele, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, and Snoop Dog, among others. The facility continues its community outreach efforts by hosting educational courses for local community children to develop their musical and technical recording skills in a professional, technologically-relevant environment.
Los Angeles, CA